Sunday, September 23, 2012

Emmy's Red and Hot



In the last few years, the only category in my most favorite Emmy Awards look is what I would call “Red Hues on Red Carpet,” epitomizing empowerment, confidence and intensity.

I do not have to go back far in time to name my nominees and winner:














  • Brooke Shields (2008), in her full natural waves of locks, wearing a dramatic fuschia tier-ruffled Badgley Mischka gown, Fred Leighton diamonds and Judith Leiber clutch.
  • Sofia Vergara (2011) is radiant in a coral one-shouldered Vera Wang floor scraper, with ruching that hugged her curves in perfect flattery, and adorned by 18K gold, diamond and emerald chandelier earrings by Lorraine Schwartz.
  • Ginnifer Goodwin (2012) in a daring Monique Lhuillier (my current fave designer) nude sleeveless gown embellished with red-orange floral appliqués, Rona Pfeiffer and Graziela blings, Salvatorre Ferragamo clutch, and Christian Louboutin cap-toe heels.
  • Kate Winslett (2011) stood out in this simple plunging neckline piece by Elie Saab, combined with Cartier jewels and Roger Vivier clutch.
  • Mila Kunis (2009) wears a belted wine-colored, tulle-overlayed dress, again by Monique Lhuiller. Refreshingly fun and edgy for an awards event, it was elegantly styled with side-parted ponytail, Fred Leighton vintage gems, and Salvatorre Ferragamo bronze python platform pumps.

Image via People.com

And the Emmy goes to…

Nina Dobrev for donning an epic blood-red Donna Karan form-fitting strapless mermaid gown, paired with Neil Lane jewels, Judith Lieber clutch and Brian Atwood peep-toes, in last year’s 63rd Emmy Awards. Perfect styling with side-parted, over the shoulder lose curls, smoky eyes and glossy nude lips.

Oh so Hollywood!

She looked absolutely stunning!

In my opinion, no one sizzled in tonight’s 64th Emmy Awards to top Nina’s 2011 red carpet moment.

This new comer has definitely arrived!


Submitted to IFB Project #65: Share Your Favorite Emmy Awards Look

5 comments:

  1. I guess that I would give the Emmy to Nina too! She was stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I checked out your entry and I like your Top 5! Guess we'll have to wait a couple of months for the next red carpet events. Cheers!

      Delete
  2. I love your blog and am now following you! Thanks so much for following me and for your sweet message. I really appreciate that! So many people will send mass messages trying to get followers, and then delete themselves once you follow them back. It drives me nuts! I am so glad you came across my blog and again thanks so much for the sweet message! Take care!!

    xo,
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brandi! Thanks for stopping by. I will let you know how my t-shirt project works out. Cheers!

      Delete